Friday, May 27, 2016

Infant/Toddler Swing: Complete!

I can't believe it took over a week for me to finish this swing and get E in it! My pinky took a bit of time to heal, then we got hit with a cold spell and I didn't want to take the little one out in it. Finally, I decided I couldn't wait any longer, so I made E a spring jacket (Using this pattern from Etsy https://www.etsy.com/listing/118350511/hearts-hoodie-baby-girl-boy-jacket?ref=ap_landing) and got out there.

First of all: the full reveal. Isn't it lovely??? I made the leg holes the same size as her high chair legs. I figured if Chicco feels good about that size, so should I. Notice the snapped tabs on each corner. This is something I didn't see on any other tutorial online, and I think it really makes it better. Now I'm not worried about E pulling her legs up and using the corners as another leg hole.


I made the ribbon loops with these toys in mind. They were a gift from my mom (she sent them along with this great tummy time quilt she made). E loves these little letters so much. We have some at each changing station in the house, in the bath, at the table. Pretty much everywhere I may need to distract her so I can get something done.


Now don't call PETA on me. This Peter Rabbit is a toy. I do not recommend hanging actual rabbits by their ears. Disclaimer out of the way. :) I like the clips to hold whatever toys don't have an area to slide through the ribbons. When E chucks it overboard, it only goes this far. Easily within her reach.


I hung the swing so it won't hit the table during play, yet it's close enough that if I pull out the extension, I could use the swing as an outdoor highchair. (Table & chairs from IKEA). And I just have to say it... I love that the swing matches our patio cushions. This was due to the fact I didn't have a plan when I made the cushions and bought too much fabric. At least it's being used!


Now for the gratuitous pictures of a happy baby.


Doesn't she look content? I envision many happy days out here this summer.




No comments:

Post a Comment